- I bring my luch to work amost every day. I eat out once or twice a month for lunch.
- I make Z's lunch for him almost every day. He probably eats out 3-4 times per month.
- We go out to eat ~3 times per month.
- We have credit cards that save us good percentages on almost everything we buy- including gas & groceries. (We pay them off in full every month)
- I am a ridiculous sale shopper, when I shop. Try not to very much, but when I do, I get a deal.
- I do mystery shopping to make extra side cash, but refuse to waste my time on surveys and the like.
- I usually dye my own hair when it needs it.
- We do vacations on a serious budget, but we find deals and still have tons of fun.
- We're planning on buying a house that is well below what we technically could afford.
- We drive used civics- great gas mileage, very reliable, not expensive. We always buy used cars. A new car depreciates 10% the minute you drive it off the lot.
- We don't have cable, and we have Roadrunner Lite internet- still DSL, but not suupperr fast.
- We drink only water at restaurants, and often get some great coupons.
- I have become quite the thrift shopper- I save us tons on home furnishings.
- We're still on our parents' cell phone family plans (for now), and pay them our portions.
- We keep "date nights" cheap or free
- I buy top of the line cosmetics- make-up, hair products, lotions, shampoo, etc.
- Now and then I splurge on organic or vegetarian groceries (It's my reward for cooking him meat, right?)
- We travel quite a bit.
- I put a lot of effort and time into decorating and improving our apartment. I do it cheaply, but don't skimp on making it look nice.
So what about you guys? Frugal at all? Where do you spend/save?