Monday, August 17, 2009

Miscellany

There's a lot on my mind lately.. but unfortunately I can't share anything via the blog.. YET. So, stay tuned.. lots of large updates to come!

  • Z & I went to Indiana for the weekend to visit his cousin & his wife. They just bought a new house, so it was neat getting to see it.. and them, of course. Sat. night we went to Chilis, and then we hung out @ Lowe's. Us girls snagged some mistint paint and checked out paint colors and backsplash tiles for their new place (I'm living vicariously through others til we get our own). The guys looked @ power tools.. surprise, surprise. Sunday they taught me how to ride a [manual] four-wheeler. Let's just say.. I need practice. lol :) We headed back to OH around 2 & spent the rest of the day w/ his family & friends.
  • Z's poison ivy is recovering. It was BAD. Like all over his body! Sucked for both of us- He was miserable and I couldn't even kiss him.. or anything else. :) Within another week, I figure it'll be totally gone.
  • I swear if I didn't know better, I'd think I were pregnant! Of course, I'm NOT. See above point. :) I just feel slightly nauseous off and on all.the.time. Weird.
  • I found an interior design school that I'm going to start taking classes at sometime this year. SO excited. 6-8 months from starting, I'll have my certification. :)

Since I can't mention a lot of what's going on in our lives right now on here at the moment, I thought I'd open it up for questions [not about the not-to-be-mentioned news though :). Anything you'd like to know? Perhaps you're wondering if I stuck my finger in an outlet as a child? Or what it's like up in the Northern-most part of New England? Ask away!! I'll do my best to answer!

13 comments:

Bethanie said...

On the pregnant thing- I couple of months after we were married I was experiencing the same VERY weird thing(s. Eventually, it just went away. I was so paranoid though. And- obviously I was not pregnant. It was SO weird though. After a few friends have mysteriously gotten pregnant on the pill- I just keep praying mine works- and hope God is in agreement that K and I are NOT ready yet! :)

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend, aside from the poison ivy. My hubby got poison ivy two weeks before our wedding and I was FREAKING out. I was plastering myself with his cream at the slightest sign of a spot on my body. I was NOT going to be a poison ivy bride!

Some questions:

What is your favourite/least favourite DIY project you've done?

What does a day in the life of C look like?

And ... are you SURE you're not pregnant?? ;)

I want to share something else with you .. but not in public comment world, perhaps I'll e-mail you sometime later. And, as always, praying for you and Z, with regards to the not-to-be-mentioned news. Even though I don't know what it is, I'll be praying.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I'm excited to hear your updates!

Question: what is your fave meal to cook?

In With the Light said...

C, honey, I was experiencing the on again off again nausea an entire week before my period was due to start. like, literally right after conception. a bit TMI, maybe, but just being honest here. there are other points i could make (because I *might* be secretly crossing my fingers that we could be prego together) but i won't here. ;) just keep us curious readers posted!

q. have you always been into design? how long did you and z know each other before you got engaged?

there you have it!

Courtney said...

I LOVE looking at people's new houses too! It gives you an idea of what you like and don't like. Plus you get to help paint which is a secret favorite hobby of mine.
Not pregnant though huh? That would be a good post!

Jen said...

How did you and Z meet?

If you could paint your living room any color (maybe you can? not sure about your rules... :) ), what color would you paint it?

Do you think you'll have kiddos soon? How many do you and Z want?

(On a side note - poor Z! Poison ivy is no fun!!)

Jen said...

One more question: what are your top 5 favorite design blogs? (I want to know if I'm missing something!)

Annie said...

oh no, your poor hubby!
i'm glad you had a good weekend though!
that's so exciting you are going to be a certified interior designer!! you are so talented girly :)

Lindsey said...

What a fab weekend!!

Liana said...

your poor husbaaaand! that poison ivy.....always an intruder! hope he gets better soon!

Michele said...

Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. At least you had a fun weekend!

I'd love to hear more about the interior design school!

Oh and do you have any suggestions for favors for a baby's 1st bday party with a sunflower theme? I know you're really good at this stuff. Bf's Aunt needs ideas and I suggested a little flower but with seeds or something like that but I'm sure you can come up with something better. :-)

Courtney said...

Hey Michele! How sweet of you to think of me! The first thing that came to my mind was those mini terracota pots. You could tie a ribbon around it and put a packet of sunflower seeds inside. Also, if you wanted to, you could make sugar cookies in the shape of a sunflower, decorate them, stick a lolly pop stick in one side & cover the cookie part with a cellophane bag, tied with a coordinating ribbon. Let me know if either or those might work, and email me if you have any questions! :)

Summer Athena said...

love love love that you are going to start taking classes!