- It's a one story, brick, ranch-style duplex
- Garages in the center separate the living spaces (cuts down on the chance of hearing your neighbors)
- On 1.5 acres in the country
- Approx. 1200 sq. ft. on one side, and 1300 sq. ft. on the other
- 3 bed, 1 1/2 bath on each side, with the option of adding a bedroom or den on each side (there's a "closed frame" porch addition on the back)
- Tax appraised value is double the asking price (hello, instant equity!)
- GORGEOUS area- lots of hills, woods, beautiful scenery that reminds me of home (Maine)
- Away from the city- way less crime, safe for kids, etc.
- Incredible Value
- Plenty of room for us to live in one side & rent the other out. The rental income would pay for at least 2/3 of the mortgage. Very smart Financially.
- Lower taxes than properties we've looked at in a county closer to the city
- Great layout, not cramped-feeling at all.
- In great condition- ceramic tile floors, newer berber carpet in some bedrooms
- It would be a 45 min. commute to work for me. I work on the Northeast side of the city- Z works on the Southwest side- it would be 30 min. for him- the same time we're driving now. So, not a big deal for him, but a little UGH for me..
- Having renters live right next door. Not ideal, but then again, it would only be temporary (~3-4 years).
So, I'd love to know your thoughts. I know most of you are already homeowners, and have been through this process before. So you know where we're coming from: We're still pretty young, aren't planning on having kids for 3-4 years, and are using that time to really try & "get ahead" financially. We LOVE the country, and are used to driving (I averaged ~700 miles/wk. in high school), just not sure I want to do that again..
Oh, and here's the view out the sliding glass back door (rainy and blah out today, but pretty nonetheless!):