Thursday, January 8, 2009

No pain, No gain... right?

So, like a very large percentage of Americans, my husband and I decided it was time to get in shape this year! See... our wedding was Nov. 29 (mucho eating), then of course the honeymoon (mucho mucho eating.. come on- NYC??), and as soon as we were back from that- Christmas and New Years. My experiments with new yummy recipes did NOT help either. So we still fit in all our clothes, and weigh the same, but as far as being toned... ha! So we joined the Y last week.. yes, us and about 2 million other New Years hopefuls! The gym has been rediculously full! We've been going at it.. only took one night off so far- when his friend who's on leave from the army came over for dinner (I must share the bruchetta stuffed chicken breast recipe with you soon!).. and boy, am I sore.

Ever feel super good about the workout you just had and then that horriffic moment comes... you sneeze and your abs feel like they're being ripped mercilesly from your stomach?? That was me at work yesterday. And I sneezed like 7 times! Not fun! And today.. bent over to pick something up & my backside had the same sensation! Lord, help me!! I love it, but I hate it..

However, one benefit is that we'll get some use out of our awesome new scale! We got a gift album for the wedding and ordered this:
Is it right to offer a body fat scale as a wedding gift? Of course. You look great together, and this precision device can help you keep it that way! Plus, the modern design with beautiful glass platform and invisible electrodes trimmed in brushed silvertone adds sleek style to any bath. Advanced BIA technology measures body fat and body water to within 0.1%. Choose normal, athlete or even childe mode. Up to 400 lbs/180 kg capacity in 0.2 lb/0.1 kg increments. Stores data for up to ten people! Calorie feature displays calories needed to maintain present body composition. Measures muscle mass. Four "AAA" batteries included. Ten-year manufacturer's warranty. Shipped separately: allow extra time for delivery.


Pretty cool, eh? We had way too much fun trying it out!! I'm guessing they're around $50 to buy in-store. I'll let you know how we like it after tracking our body fat % decrease!! :)

1 comment:

Mary Michal said...

Hilarious! I completely understand about the pain of sneezing when you've just started working out. I always laugh too hard and then have to grab my side!

I'm so glad you've joined the blogland. I can't wait to read some of your upcoming posts.