Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinner Plans

Tonight Z's grandparents are coming over for dinner, so I wanted to cook up something nice- here's the menu:

-Toasted almond Salad
-Whole Grain Baguette
-Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast (Yes, I know.. I like chicken.. and stuffing it is fun)
-Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
-Tiramisu for desert (What I'm really pumped about)


(Recipes and pix posted after it's all done!)

Am I missing anything? I really don't know what is wrong with me.. I get REALLY excited about cooking dinner. For me.. that's just.. strange. The things marriage does to you..

Now, as far as how I'm going to get everything ready in the hour and a half I have after work, before they arrive:

-Tiramisu is already made and in fridge
1) Pound Chicken & stuff, put in oven
2) Chop Potatoes & put them, along with Green Beans, on the skillet
3) While that's cooking, wash veggies & make salad
4) Throw baguette in the oven
5) Set table
6) Take all food out of the oven (Which I'm sure won't all be done at the same time)
7) Serve salads, Dish out other food, and:
8) Voila!

Let's just hope it goes off that smoothly!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post- they will reappear in the following posts ;) )

No comments: